Movie Theatres


I miss going to the movies. There is something about seeing a movie in a theatre that beats out watching a movie on television. I guess it's because everything is so much bigger and the sound is so great. I've noticed that every time I go to the movies, I always like the movies I see. It's as though the entire experience just makes the movie better or something. It could also be that I rarely go to the movies unless I'm certain that the movie is going to be good. If I hear a lot of bad things about a movie then I'm really not going to waste my time.

But anyway, back to missing the movies. I don't go half as much as I used to because it's so expensive now. Going to the movies costs about 14 dollars where I live. That's as much as buying a movie on dvd, so that is just really ridiculous to me. I remember when we used to go to the movies early in the day because they would have matinees and it was great. Now they don't even offer that anymore. I think there is one theatre that does it like 2 hours away from where I live and by the time I get there the time and money I spend traveling will end up costing the same as a full price movie.

I think a lot of movie companies wonder why people are pirating so much more now, and it's because of how much money it costs to enjoy something as simple as a movie. Perhaps it wouldn't happen so much if these things were more accessible to everyone.